Why Ahiflower for Horses?
- Benefits of omega-3 supplementation in horses include:
- Improved stride length
- Improved mobility and joint health
- Improved skin health and coat sheen
- A clinical study found that Ahiflower oil demonstrated highly improved long-chain omega-3 conversion vs. flaxseed (linseed) oil in race horses. The study cited a 10-fold improvement in omega-3 EPA and DHA levels in Ahiflower oil-fed horses vs. flaxseed oil-fed horses. Ahiflower oil is a far better way vs. flaxseed oil to improve your horse’s overall omega-3 levels.
- Horses and humans alike need these “long-chain” omega-3 fatty acids in our cellular membranes. Long-chain omega-3s help regulate flexibility, fluidity, and post-exercise stress response in joints, ligaments, heart, brain, and skin cells. Horses who are omega-3 deficient will have greater joint and ligament soreness and stiffness and greater skin health challenges.
- Horses are herbivores. They are not biologically adapted to consuming fish-based feeds or supplements. Fish oil sources for omega-3 fatty acids are becoming unsustainable. Each daily dose of Ahiflower (30-60ml) saves between 30-60 small (100g) oily fish being removed from the oceans.
- Ahiflower is a fully traceable, sustainable non-GMO plant-based omega-3 source grown in the UK and refined in Canada.
Naturally authentic. From soil to oil.